Saturday, October 24, 2009

I am What I watch!







As of now I am at home for the weekend so when I am here in my room I watch more TV than I would at school. This is maybe because I share a TV with my roommate and at home it's my own TV. Right now I am tuned into the Food Network channel watching Ace of Cakes. I like seeing them make the different cakes. Do I watch a lot of television? I would say so so but not too much. I would like to start watching the news more. That is something I really need to do more. In high school I did watch Fox news almost everyday at 5:00 after the Maury Show but since I have gotten to school that has changed. Since I am a little busier now than I was I mostly watch TV around 7 or 9:00 and earlier on the weekends. I have a routine that I try to keep up with. Most of everything I like to watch comes on at night on Tuesdays and Thursdays sometimes Monday. So every Thursday at 9 I am tuned into The Real Housewives of Atlanta as of now. On Tuesday I was tuned into Tiny & Toya until the season was over and on Mondays I used to make sure I watched Runs House or Daddy's Girls.
I would not say that I have a TV habit. I would say that what I do take the time out to watch on TV relates to my personality in many ways. I watch a lot of reality shows, fashion shows, forensic science episodes and even cooking shows. I love reality shows like The Real Housewives of Atlanta because they are a group of talented, wealthy and pretty black women. I see what I want to be in the future in some of them when it comes to a loving family, the clothing lines, owning my own business, living in a big house, making money and just being known world wide. I love fashion. One day I dream to be apart of something dealing with clothes whether its opening up a boutique, learning how to sew, creating my own line (with someone else or by myself) or just walking down the runway during Fashion Week in New York. At one point in my life I wouldn't have mind majoring in something dealing with Forensics. CSI: Miami is my favorite.
Basically whatever I watch it ties in with things I want to accomplish in life. I am a very versatile person with a lot of things on my to do list in life. They say, "You are what you eat" but I would rather say, "I am what I watch." Just like the books I read or write, the TV shows I watch give me a chance to live in someone elses life just for a few minutes until I can make it possible in my own life. And I am patiently waiting on Monica's season of Still Standing to come out Tuesday. Here are just a couple links to some of the networks that show the shows I like to watch: http: CWtv, BET, TLC and Bravo. Television is how I stay intuned with what is going on in the world and my future.

2 comments:

  1. Jamilah your blog was very great and i enjoyed reading it. Everytime I read your blogs I love how detailed and descriptive you be. When I am here in Jackson, MS I do the same thing I do at home and that is just watch television shows such as ESPN, or football and basketball games. It does not matter were my location is i do not watch television like that. I will say when I was over my cousin house doing the summer the tv show called The Game is very good. I agree with you when it comes to watching the news. I need to spend more time looking at the news because as journalist we need to know whats going around our society every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has been graded, thanks!
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete