Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Introduction of Jamilah


Hey! My name is Jamilah Chantal Vaughn. I am a sophomore, Mass Communications major here at Jackson State University. As of now I reside in McAllister-Whiteside dorms. I am 19 years of age and when I graduate from Jackson State University I plan to move to Atlanta, GA and get my Master's while I work at a job that is in my career field. I plan to become a Publicist, perferably an Entertainment Publicist at a Record Company. At that Record company I will be like an image consultant to artists that are signed to the label.


My job will mostly consist of making their image look good to the public eye. I will be writing press releases, booking interviews with talk shows, even magazines and so on and so forth. After a few years I want to open up my own Public Relations Firm. Once I become established in the business I may move to New York City where there are more job opportunities there and also higher wages. I chose Mass Comm. as a major because I always told myself that I wanted to do something I loved and this was the major that would allow me to do just that. I am happy with what I chose so far. I love to write so in my spare time I write books that I one day hope to publish in the urban books genre. I have already tried looking into many different avenues of publishing. As of now self-publishing is a really big thing I want to do but then again its hard to trust certain companies and that makes me want to go to a publishing house where I would have a better chance--safer chance.


I have a passion for fashion and on my list of things to do before I depart this earth I want to create a clothing line. I would love for that line to go nationwide or at least do as well as Kimora Lee Simmons line, Baby Phat and Jay-Z's line, RocaWear. When it comes to technology I would like to say that I am on top of my game. Every now and then I like to visit other people's blogs or check out Mediatakeout.com to get the scoop on what is new with the celebrities. I am a Facebook.com, myspace.com and twitter addict. Although I am mostly on Facebook and just getting use to twitter. So, this is a little bit about me and some of the things I love to do.


2 comments:

  1. You seem to be focused already, that is wonderful. My goal is to open the door to what you are looking for in a career and then you can find it because you know you. Welcome to class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. It's tells what you want to do and what you want to accompish. You are very goal orriented and know what you want to achieve. I like how you are intrested in fashion. Most people like me don't have that much fashion sense. I barely could afford a decent shirt or shoes. It's encouraging that you want to go to school to get your master's degree when you graduate from Jackson State University. The job that you get involved with is a good pay career because it's like you are the producer and you are trying to get the artist face out into the world and I thinks thats awesome. I hope I get to get to know you some more while we are in class.

    ReplyDelete